Founded in 1852, the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) represents more than 140,000 members of the civil engineering profession worldwide, and is America's oldest national engineering society. ASCE's vision is to position engineers as global leaders building a better quality of life. ASCE's mission is to provide essential value to our members, their careers, our partners and the public by developing leadership, advancing technology, advocating lifelong learning and promoting the profession. The Wyoming State Section of the American Society of Civil Engineers is the only section in the State of Wyoming.
ASCE’s goals are to:
· Facilitate the advancement of technology to enhance quality, knowledge, competitiveness, sustainability, and environmental stewardship.
· Encourage and provide the tools for lifelong learning to aid our members’ continued growth throughout their careers.
· Promote professionalism and the profession throughout society to enhance the stature of civil engineers and to influence public policy.
· Develop and support civil engineer leaders to broaden our members’ perspectives, enhance their career growth, and promote the public interest.
· Advocate infrastructure and environmental stewardship to protect the public health and safety, and improve the quality of life.